I realized while I was setting up for this post that it should really be a July, August, September, October, and November wrap up, but well…
I had a bit of a reading slump over the summer–in fact there is only a single book on my list for July. But things certainly picked up again in September, when I plowed through a bunch of audiobooks. This is just the list for October and November:
46. Radio Girls by Sarah-Jane Stratford
47. Dead Wake by Erik Larson
48. The Invention of Murder by Judith Flanders
49. Ordinary Heroes by Scott Turow
50. Tell No One Who You Are by Walter Buchignani
51. Outbreak! by Bryn Barnard
52. Dread Nation by Justina Ireland
53. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
54. A Different Mirror for Young People by Ronald Takaki
I really enjoyed The Invention of Murder, Outbreak, and A Different Mirror for Young People on the nonfiction side, and Dread Nation and Radio Girls were both excellent for fiction.
Bonus: So far I’ve read at least 54 books, so I’ve already accomplished my reading goal for the year.
According to Goodreads I’ve read 57 books, but I haven’t been able to figure out which three I read and then missed in my own tally.
- Send out 2 queries per week.
I have a little bit of editing I want to do on the next book in the Query Queue, but that has been put off until December. So, for the purposes of the blog, I’m done querying for the year.
- Publish 3 books.
Done! Have you read Moreau House yet? What about All for One or Off the Rails?
- Read the books currently on the night stand.
I’ve gotten through a couple, but I’m currently stuck on my current read. It’s going so slow, but I think I finally hit the tipping point for the plot
- Read at least 1 indie book per month
Yeah, this really didn’t happen.
- Read at least 30% diverse books.
I am actually at 35% for the year so far!
My Books & Etsy Update
Off the Rails came out in October, and is now for sale on Amazon in ebook and paperback. I am currently waiting for my hard copies to arrive, but once they do you will be able to order signed paperbacks through my Etsy.
I will be doing a coupon code sale in December with bonus discounts for mailing list members, so make sure to sign up if you haven’t already.
Will I be publishing more in 2019? Of course. But no announcements on that until January.