For a while I’ve been hearing about 101 in 1001, but I never heard exactly what it is until today, when I was surfing around on ModernGypsy and followed some of her sidebar links. Basically, it’s a list of 101 specific goals that you set down yourself, which are intended to be completed within 1001 days (about 2.75 years, according to the website). I think that this is a fantastic idea, seeing as I have a huge to-do list, so I thought I’d go ahead and set myself up a list–I already have a list of 100 things to do before I die, so why not make the time parameters a little more clear, hm?
1. Finish editing Fortune’s Fight and send off for publication.
2. Finish Fortune’s Prize first draft.
3. Finish uploading stories on the Akashic Library.
4. Read all books that I own and have not yet read.
5. Weed through those books once I’ve finished them.
6. Get published.
7. Update my card catalog.
8. Finish a journal before the end of the summer.
9. Write more. Fill up msc. notebooks that are lying around and do not buy more until they are gone.
10. Keep a list of every book read over the summer, including author.
11. Add those books to Facebook visual bookshelf.
12. Get stories from desktop hard drive saved to disk and converted to word files.
13. Re-edit Ankh.
14. Finish sequel.
15. Submit for publication.
16. Finish reading Princess Princess en français.
17. Update blog at least every other day for one month.
18. Journal every day this summer. (started June 16)
19. Get Writer’s Digest subscription.
20. Join (and complete) NaNo.
21. Join (and complete) SuWriMo. (Joined June 6, 2008)
22. Learn to spin on drop spindle. (June 13, 2008)
23. Learn to spin on a wheel.
24. Learn to dye yarn. (June 17, 2008)
25. Use up/donate/weed out entire stash of acrylic yarn.
26. Write down patterns for all knitting projects.
27. Finish making the knitting bag.
28. update Ravelry with good pictures of all projects.
29. add stash to ravelry. (started Jun 14)
30. Set up Alchemy account. (June 13, 2008)
31. learn to read and write patterns properly
32. Update my artist’s portfolio.
33. Set up a real studio, even if it’s just a spare room in the house/apartment.
34. Upload finished knitting patterns to the blog and to Ravelry.
35. Get the podcast onto Itunes.
36. Updated the podcast regularly.
37. Finish the extra flags for the Peace Project.
38. Finish Alice’s Armwarmers.
39. Finish blueberry socks. (June 26, 2008)
40. Finish, upload to Etsy, and mail chemo caps for Sempai. (finished and uploaded June 18)
41. Frog too small skirt.
42. finish scrapghan #4
43. Finish the work shrug.
44. Finish the jeep amigarumi (preferably before Christmas).
45. Donate at least five afghans to nursing home.
46. Come up with gifts for everyone and have them completed/bought by Halloween.
47. Make a kickass costume for final Big Boo.
48. Find a better way to store my bazillions of knitting needles.
49. Come up with, and make, at least three pagan-related items to put in the etsy shop.
50. Find requirements for a business license, and if I need one for the etsy shop.
51. Find out how much I can make on etsy before I have to pay taxes on it.
52. Update and maintain Devart account.
53. Put together 10 patterns and a short story to make a knitting book.
54. Draw every day for a month.
55. Fill all small sketch books.
56. Make the euro coin jewelry and list it on Etsy.
57. Get Knit.1 subscription.
58. learn illusion knitting.
59. Follow a pattern completely just once.
60. learn double knitting.
Life in General:
61. Graduate from college.
62. Move to Canada.
63. Stop using so many plastic bags.
64. Start recycling paper.
65. Make senior thesis show a success.
66. Come up with more projects for senior thesis show.
67. Travel to at least one new place that is on the list of cities I want to visit.
68. Make the Cloverbud dog kit.
69. Apply to grad school. (started application process June 23)
70. Get my own apartment.
71. Figure out how to do my own taxes.
72. Learn how to set up a real and proper website.
73. Learn how to make fried rice.
74. Mail Susanne that package from two years ago that has been collecting dust.
75. Go to Ft. Peirce again.
76. Visit Savannah.
77. Go on a ghost hunt.
78. Get nails done professionally.
79. Get hair done professionally.
80. Get a facial.
81. Wear retainer at least two nights a week, or figure out what the heck is wrong with it.
82. Move in with Alice.
83. Don’t kill her brother.
84. Take a martial arts or dance course.
85. Exercise upper body at least 3x/week.
86. Lose 5 lbs, or 3 inches off waist (curse you muscle mass! Why must you weigh more?)
87. Clean closet.
88. Find better way of storing clothes/shoes.
89. Take at least one calcium pill every day.
90. Print pictures from Canada and put them in an album.
91. Drive less. (thank you, fuel companies.)
92. Go on the bike trail at least twice a month. (going with grandpa on other bike trail counts).
93. Get odometer/gloves for bike.
94. Fix handlebars.
95. Learn to cook things that don’t come from a box or involve pasta.
96. Get at least a 3.5 GPA for both semesters of senior year.
97. Put aside at least $500 into savings account.
98. Buy a new car. A real car, that I actually like.
99. Get a job that pays enough money to live off of without relying on the parents.
100. Start paying off college loans before graduation. Pay at least $500.
101. Pay off credit card.
For more information, you can go to the 101 in 1001 website.